Rice Bowl Grants
The Archdiocese of San Francisco Office of Human Life & Dignity is pleased to be able to provide a grant opportunity for local parishes. Rice Bowl Grants are designed to support food pantries and other ministries that directly address local food insecurity.
The Rice Bowl Program, conducted each year during Lent, raises funds for international relief and development programs while providing educational opportunities to participants. In addition, 25% of the funds collected remain with the Archdiocese to be used for local hunger and poverty relief programs, providing the funds for these grants.
- Funds should be used to support food pantries or similar parish ministries engaged directly in food assistance.
- Grant application must have the support of the pastor overseeing the ministry.
- Program should be based within the three counties of the Archdiocese of San Francisco.
- Grants awarded will be in the amount of $1,000. Groups must reapply for funding on an annual basis.
- Grants will be distributed in November.
- Eligible programs should operate under the basis of Catholic Social Teaching and must not discriminate against any groups.
- Each ministry will be asked to submit at least one photo of the work being done to be shared by the Archdiocese.